Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The First Time I Tried Kahlua

There were a few years where I would travel from Nanaimo or Victoria to Kitimat to visit/stay with my parents. It seemed like every second flight would divert from the Terrace-Kitimat Airport to Prince Rupert. One year the plane was particularly late; three hours I think. Consequently everyone was offered free drinks. Oddly enough most people on the plane were not taking advantage of this. Me, I wasn’t that particularly big a drinker, but I saw a fun opportunity here. Checking to make sure I had my BCID on me, I ordered the strongest drink they had, which proved to be Kahlua. Now Kahlua under any circumstances tastes nice, but Kahlua at a high altitude was a revelation. I think they might have been one of the flights that got diverted to Prince Rupert, but either way, it wasn’t long before the delays did not bother me one bit. I’ve since had Kahlua a number of times, but never has it enhanced my mood as well as it did while flying to Kitimat.

No comments: