Monday, July 18, 2011

Real Scare During Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

I got a free pass for two for Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, though somehow I just couldn’t find anyone to join me. I went anyway, and late into the movie, during one of the gorier scenes, someone in the audience started having some sort of health problem. This put me in a very strange headspace because I was simultaneously trying to enjoy the slaughter on screen while getting concerned for the audience member. Thankfully unlike most of the characters in the movie, he was okay. It does comfort me, though that this proved that my mind differentiates quite readily the difference between someone being killed in a make-believe fashion, however realistic looking it may be, and someone in real life being in distress.

No comments: