Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Europe 2002 Trip Reports Part 16 Munich Day 4 Still, End of Day Venting


This is the 16th of a series of posts recalling my trip to Europe, using e-mails sent at the time.  Unlike later trips, I didn’t e-mail people everyday.  Trip reports are largely as I wrote them at the time with two exceptions: 1. I was usually pretty rushed due to Internet fees in Europe, so I’ve cleaned up my e-mails to make them more coherent, which wasn’t a priority at the time.  Also, in some blog posts I’ll add additional thoughts with the hindsight of nine years later or to add further clarification.  I’ll use “NOW” in such cases.

This 16th report is a bit unusual as it combines too posts. One in which I had to venting a couple hours hafter yesterday’s post, and then a later post after I had calmed down.  It’s still the same day/place as the previous post.

Bought a ticket to Zurich including a stop in Buchs, cost me E64 (even to Zurich direct costs E63). I lost my phone card so bought new one so I could book Zurich in advance (hostels need to be booked well in advance there).  Phones are not letting me dial the number.  I am told I am dialing the  number right.  People at train station are unwilling to help otherwise.  Even hostels are expensive in Zurich and will probably be booked up by the time I arrive.  Don’t want to sleep in the train station and can’t afford to pay for a more expensive place.

I can maybe stay in Innsbruk then finish the trip next day if the ticket allows but
then could be stuck with same problem tomorrow if same problem arises.

I **********HATE************ Europe!!!!

[NOW: I debated whether to leave in that last line or not because I no longer hate Europe and I realize some Europeans might not appreciate that line.  However, I’m trying to be true to my original posts and I really was that emotional at that point and was falling apart emotionally. It would have done a disservice to my memories to leave out that bit of venting.]

LATER, CALMER POST:

Sorry about that last message.  One problem too many.  The more I think of it,the more I think that Innsbruck is the solution, assuming my ticket is multi-day.

[NOW: I did indeed go to Innsbruck next.]

Still, I really needed the excuse to sum up my opinion of Europe.  Think I needed to get that off my chest.  Sorry if it offended anyone.

No comments: