Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The First Time I Tried Dr. Pepper


The first time I tried Dr. Pepper was at one of my birthday parties in Kitimat; I’m pretty sure I was still in elementary school at the time. There were various kids there of course and I can’t recall exactly what happened. But somehow I got distracted while drinks were being handed out and I got the only drink that was left. I tried it and… it remains to this day one of the worst tasting pops I’ve ever tasted. It definitely made the party left enjoyable since it was a party in my honour and everyone else got the good or at least okay stuff and I got the swill.

I’ve had it a few more times since to confirm my original impression but I find that I can’t enjoy any cherry flavoured pop. Maybe it’s just as well. Pop is pretty bad for you but I do like the taste of most kinds of pop. If there’s actually a flavour that I don’t like, well, any deterrent to drinking pop can only be considered a good thing.

No comments: