Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The View Towers Elevator Fight


The following post expands upon a story previously told in my post on 16 Mememorable Moments (or Sets of Moments) at View Towers (I've shamlessly used the original text and expanded on it): http://saneinsanities.blogspot.com/2008/12/16-memorable-moments-or-sets-of-moments.html

A friend and I got in the elevator in the View Street entrance of the building. After we got in the elevator, but before I had a chance to pretty the button to my floor, two people got in the elevator and started fighting in front of the elevator buttons. I managed to hit the button for the floor directly above mine; under the circumstances I was lucky to be able to hit any button, and I figured one floor’s walk wouldn’t make that much of a difference.

When the doors opened, they continue fighting, but they were polite enough to shift slightly so my friend and I could leave the elevator. I imagine they did the same on other floors until it was time for one or both of them to leave the elevator themselves, though I obviously can’t be sure. My friend and I were the first to get out so we have no knowledge of other people trying to exit or enter the elevator on other floors.

In a way that incident summarizes the View Towers spirit. People might get into fights with each other, but they’ll leave the other tenants alone if you leave them alone.

No comments: