Monday, December 5, 2011

A Couple of View Towers Stories from December 5, 2011


Nothing Earth shattering, just stuff I found kind of interesting that happened today.

Earlier I saw a group of people in their late teens/early 20s showing up with luggage at the door hoping to rent a room.  Very brave, not just to try this particular building, but also to show up with your luggage at hand, however minimal and hope there will be a room free immediately.  Even View Towers fills up from time to time. And of course most places want to do background checks.

Then just now the elevator doors opened at the lobby on the way up. A guy was staring up at the elevator buttons almost as if in a deep trance. I said, “Going up?” and then repeated that in a louder voice, but there was no breaking the trance. After the doors closed I remarked to the other passengers, “Well, I tried.”

No comments: