Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Time I Scored on My Own Team (on Purpose)


Another high school gym story.  Sports wasn’t my strong point and that often annoyed the other players.  One time we were playing floor hockey (I think I was playing defense) and my teammates kept yelling at me every time I subbed off.  This got more and more irritating to the point where next time I was on the floor I saw an opening in my side’s net.  Not feeling any particular loyalty to these people who were yelling at me and wanting to make a point, I shot the ball (or puck, whatever was used in floor hockey) into the net.  This of course didn’t exactly endear me to my teammates nor did it stop them from yelling at me, but I got the satisfaction of knowing that I’d penalized them for their actions, and the yelling didn’t bother me quite so much for the rest of the game.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Nicely done.
I hated sports in school. Was never any good, always picked last, blah blah, you know the story I'm sure. Anyway, I say "nice" cuz I never would have *dared* do something like that... It'd have been a quick trip back to the locker room for some "occupational therapy" at the hands of my disgruntled teammates.