Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pacific Northwest Trip March 2010 Day 7 Thursday March 18


UPDATED: January 27, 2021.

This is the seventh of a series of posts dealing my sixth trip to Seattle as an adult and first of two trips that year. I’ve made minor corrections to these reports. Also, I’ve added additional thoughts with the hindsight of two years later or to add further clarification. 

Woke up around 4:30ish (probably in part because when I catch the Bainbridge ferry I'm supposed to wake up around then; the body remembers).  Might have gotten a bit of sleep after that.  Did wake up very briefly earlier due to some nightmare I've decided not to make an effort to recall.  Forgot I bought a set of combs so I'll need to quickly recalculate the exchange (also never bad to get the most up to date info), then I'm off!

[NOW: The above was written in the morning; the rest I wrote in the evening.]

I made it to the Victoria Clipper terminal in good time.  One of the people who let me into the boarding area seems to have comedian aspirations.  The boarding area was the same as the security area on the way in, but since there were no Customs this time, it seemed to be okay to snap a few discreet shots.

I sat on the upper floor this time.  A woman from the Netherlands sat beside me.  The 15 minute cut off doesn't seem to be hard and fast; people were still coming on board less than 10 minutes before the ferry was supposed to leave.

I chose the left side because that was the side I was on the other direction and wanted to catch the other view.  As it turns out that was the side the water sprayed the most.  I had a cereal breakfast on the ship.  At Customs, the guy hadn't heard about the Emerald City ComiCon before so most of his questions were about that, which made the process pretty easy.  No delays beyond of course between with no stored luggage getting off first.  I was at work by 11:30.

[NOW: By work I meant I was volunteering at Pacific Peoples' Partnership that day.]

I couldn't find my soap container before leaving but conversely it seems my copy of The Incredibles never left my apartment, so that's that mystery solved. 
 
[NOW: I later gave out the unsigned copy as an Xmas gift.]

No comments: