Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Today’s 5:46 am Fire Alarm



At about 5:46, give or take a minute, the fire alarm went off. Luckily I was already awake so made my way outside. I was the only one out there.  It was very windy but luckily the rain didn’t start until later.  After a couple minutes the alarm stopped aside from the occasional short burst. However, by that point the fire department was arriving (getting there much sooner than last time) so I had to stay out a bit longer anyway.  About three people left the building after the fire department arrived. I spoke to one person from the 17th or 18th floor (can’t recall which) and apparently someone had pulled the alarm. He later talked to security (I think) and apparently the previous 7 am one was also a case of the alarm being pulled. Last time I was outside for about half an hour. This time I was outside for about 15 minutes, which wouldn’t have been so bad except for how early it was and how chilly the wind made it.

No comments: